Pages

About Me

My photo
Wife,mother,sister,aunt, and friend. Living this life just to live again! :)Enjoy all things lovely!
Powered by Blogger.

Thursday, January 26, 2012

Thrifty Thursday

Being frugal is something that I am not good with naturally. I have always been a spendaholic and within the last few years there has been a definite change in the way I handle money. I am not perfect when it comes to handling money, but I am learning quite a few things. The most important thing that I have learned is that our money is not "ours" The money that God has blessed us with through hard work is His. He lends it to us to be stewards over. Having a clear understanding of this will help us in the money area. Money is simply a tool that is used in the affairs of everyday life. We should not worship money or the things that money can buy. Many people chase after money and stuff, and it ends up costing them their life, their family, their time, etc... God did not create money to be a driving force, He created it to be a tool we use for trade/barter. Instead of using cows/goats, etc... we use currency. :)

Understanding money God's way will begin to take away the desire to misuse this resource and you will learn to put it in its proper place. I have often heard people say they love money, but the fact is that they love what money can buy them, be it power, fame, trips, cars, houses, etc... Thankfully God is delivering me from the love of money and He is teaching me how to handle it properly, so that my family can use this tool as an opportunity to bless others. I pray that you will seek the Lord about money because this area is a major hang up for a lot of people, and sadly Christians. We all could use more education and teaching on being a good steward of this resource.






Thrifty Thursday Tip: Shop at your local Salvation Army or Goodwill! I love these stores because they always have sales and you can find some really nice things there. I have not paid over $20 for an outfit in close to a year now. I even purchase most of my shoes from Goodwill. In the past year I have bought some name brand shoes that had never been worn, still had tags on them, i.e. Jessica Simpson pumps, BCBG pumps, Nine West pumps, you get my drift. LOL!!

Remember to use money wisely and thank God for Him entrusting you with His resources. Make Him proud! :) Happy Thrifty Thursday!!

No comments:

Post a Comment