Pages

About Me

My photo
Wife,mother,sister,aunt, and friend. Living this life just to live again! :)Enjoy all things lovely!
Powered by Blogger.

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Tasty Tuesday!!

Hello everyone!! Sorry for missing Marriage Monday on yesterday. I have two sick little ones. One has a very bad ear infection and the other has a bad cold. So my day was spent running around to the doctor then getting prescriptions filled and keeping juice and movies available throughout the evening. I didn't even get to my cleaning yesterday like I wanted to. Today is a new day and the kiddos are much better, they did not go to school today so I am pressed for time on this post because I have to clean up today, no excuses!! LOL!! So the meal I am presenting today is actually what I cooked last night. I am EATING CLEAN from now on so my recipes and posts about food will be healthy and nutritious. I desire to lose some pounds and tone up so I must change the way I eat and it must be a permanent change. I am looking to live a healthier lifestyle and food is not really a problem, it's just the "sweets" I love cookies, cakes, breads, chocolate,etc... Anything with sugar! :( So I have to stop that! I am also going to join the gym this week, hopefully, and I plan to workout 5 to 6 times per week. It's just something that I have got to do! I can't keep making excuses. I took some pictures of my body yesterday and I was not happy with what I saw. So if I am not happy then I have to change it, because the way my body looks is totally in my control!

Anyway, I have went on long enough! Here is the recipe for today! I hope you try it and enjoy it. It was really good!!



Keep It Light Tilapia


Ingredients
• ¼ cup / 60 ml extra virgin olive oil
• 3 cloves garlic, minced or pressed
• 1 tsp / 5 ml paprika
• 1 tsp / 5 ml ginger
• 1 tsp / 5 ml fresh ground black pepper
• 1 tsp / 5 ml dried mustard
• 1 tsp / 5 ml oregano
• 1 tsp / 5 ml chili powder
• 1 pinch cayenne pepper
• 4 tilapia filets, thawed
Preparation
  1. Preheat oven to 400ºF/ 205ºC. Line your baking sheet with parchment paper.
  2. In a medium-sized bowl combine olive oil, garlic and seasonings.
  3. Dip each filet into the seasoning and place it on the baking sheet.
  4. Pour any remaining seasoning over the filets on the sheet and place the baking sheet in the oven.
  5. Bake for 10 minutes

Tangy Pumpkin Seed Salad



Ingredients
• 2 cloves garlic, minced
• ½ tsp / 2.5 ml sea salt
• 2 Tbsp / 30 ml fresh lemon juice
• 1 tsp / 5 ml Worcestershire sauce
• ½ cup / 120 ml extra virgin olive oil
• Freshly ground black pepper to taste
• 10 cups of the lettuce of your choice
• 1/3 cup / 90 ml toasted pumpkin seeds

Preparation
  1. Rinse lettuce of your choice under cold water and set aside in a bowl.
  2. In a small bowl, add minced garlic and salt.
  3. Whisk lemon and Worcestershire sauce into the garlic.
  4. Continue to whisk the dressing while slowly pouring the olive oil in a steady stream. Whisk until smooth.
  5. Add freshly ground black pepper to taste.
  6. Add pumpkin seeds to the lettuce then pour the dressing over top.
  7. Toss the lettuce to coat with dressing and serve.

*These recipes came from http://www.eatcleandiet.com/.* Go check it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment